Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheppard

Houstonians are showing Houston Astros love with these tattoos

1 post in this topic

Eric Hernandez could have bought a shirt. After all, that's what most fans do. But Eric Hernandez isn't most fans. His love for the Houston Astros is more than skin deep, although now, that's exactly where it's displayed prominently and permanently. The day of Game 2 of the World Series against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Hernandez sat in a chair at Big Junior's Tattoos as the artist pricked the Astros star and "H" logo into his left shoulder. Now Playing FOX 26 News reporter Lindsey Henry Media Fox 26 Houston "The team is important to me because it represents the whole city of Houston Jeff Bagwell White Jersey," Hernandez said. "The team has brought everybody together in hopes of winning the World Series. After (Hurricane) Harvey, hope is what we need right now." The team, which tied the World Series 1-1 Wednesday night with a stunning comeback victory, has driven fans to tattoo parlors across the city since clinching the pennant in Game 7 against the New York Yankees on Saturday night. From Astros logos and Astrodomes, to "Houston Strong" and "Earn History," tattoo artists are working up creative designs so fans can show off love for the home team. "This is just another way that my clients show their love and support for Houston," tattoo artist Junior Ochoa of Big Junior's Tattoos said. "When the Astros achieve what they are doing, it's like we are winning with them." Jonathan Webb's bicep is covered with an Astros logo inside the shape of Texas. Webb has been a fan for years and saw the series as opportunity get the tattoo he's always wanted. "I had been planning on getting my tattoo for a few years now," Webb said. "I've been an Astros fan since I was young watching the games with my family in the Astrodome. I even have some seats in my house." Other notable people sported Astros tattoos long before the team made the World Series Yuli Gurriel Women's Jersey. L.A. Clippers, DeAndre Jordan, may play for another city but the Houston-native has an H-Star tattoo on his right shoulder. Rapper Drake also showed off his Astros ink 2013.